Teeth Whitening at Five Star Dental
This treatment is a safe and effective way to whiten your smile and remove unattractive discoloration. At Five Star Family Dental, we provide a take-home teeth whitening kit, which includes the whitening gel and a custom-made tray that fits over your teeth. In the privacy and comfort of your own home, you’ll wear the tray for several hours at a time, every day. Some people prefer to wear the tray at night. In about 2 weeks your treatment will be complete.The color change is actually accomplished by free elemental oxygen, which oxidizes the stain, thus permanently removing it. The oxygen is released from a compound called peroxide. Most gels contain hydrogen peroxide. And, the greater the concentration, the greater the bleaching effect.For some people, the bleaching gel causes gum sensitivity. We trim your customized teeth tray to prevent contact between the gel and the gum tissue.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
If you decide to whiten your teeth, here are some of the advantages:
- It is the simplest cosmetic dental procedure
- It is relatively inexpensive
- Nothing artificial has to be bonded or attached to your teeth.
- Your smile becomes permanently whiter.
- Maintaining maximum whiteness requires only minor touch up treatments.
- It usually whitens your teeth quite noticeably, and you can control the results by how diligent you are with the treatment.
When you visit our practice in Reseda, our experienced dentist Dr. Vorperian. will be able to learn more about your dental history. He can then make customized recommendations for your smile and provide oral hygiene tips based on your unique dental health, which will help you prevent stains and other problems.
Common Causes of Teeth Stains
Teeth stains are virtually inevitable. Everybody gets some degree of discoloration at some point in their lives. Sometimes this is an inevitable result of aging, but other contributing factors include:
- Tomato sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sports drinks
Reviews for Dr. Vorperian
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for two minutes each session
- Floss your teeth once a day
- Visit the dentist for routine cleanings
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking stain-causing foods and beverages
- Reduce your consumption of sugary beverages like soda
If you are interested in teeth whitening and live in or around Reseda, Chatsworth, Tarzana, Northridge, Canoga Park and the Nearby Areas, please call Five Star Dental , at 818-342-1894, to schedule an appointment.